The Sandloter's Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is for fans of Sandlot Games and the games they made.

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» SG3 UIX Project
Sandlot servers down or going down I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 8:14 pm by Caton

» SG4 Test??
Sandlot servers down or going down I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2019 12:09 am by Caton

» decompressing the uix scripts project?
Sandlot servers down or going down I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 12:34 am by Caton

» xml editing?
Sandlot servers down or going down I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2017 12:39 am by Caton

» Super granny4 test version fix link?
Sandlot servers down or going down I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 9:09 am by Sandlotmourner

» Super Granny 7: Kitty Alliance (Unofficial)
Sandlot servers down or going down I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 6:45 pm by Caton

» Custom Levels and maps?
Sandlot servers down or going down I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 5:09 am by Caton

» Super Granny 2 Changing Level sharing Server?
Sandlot servers down or going down I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 5:27 pm by Caton

» Focus test builds
Sandlot servers down or going down I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 4:57 pm by Caton

3 posters

Sandlot servers down or going down

Jeremiah
    Jeremiah
    Casual Gamer II
    Casual Gamer II

Sandlot servers down or going down Empty Sandlot servers down or going down

Post by Jeremiah Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:41 am

Hey all: Recently tried to re-download some SL games from CDs and had no problem installing, but couln't Unlock. Checked my i-net connection and even set my programs rules ( on Norton 360 ) for Allow, but still got the message about Checking the connection and possibility that Sandlot's servers were busy. E-mailed Kat and know that will take awhile.Just wondering if anyone has experienced this or heard about server problems.

Last edited by Jeremiah on Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    Jeremiah
    Jeremiah
    Casual Gamer II
    Casual Gamer II

Sandlot servers down or going down Empty Re: Sandlot servers down or going down

Post by Jeremiah Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:42 am

Thought posting a reply to my own query might make this less confusing. Did some research and according Blog space and an article DigitalChocolate is downsizing, including it's Bothell (Washington,home as we know of nee SL Games) site. May mean the servers are going/gone off-line and the gamers are out of luck.Wonder if other sites will stop vending SL games or set up their own servers to handle future purchases of them.Will have to watch and see.
    TURIN the Terrible
    TURIN the Terrible
    Casual Gamer
    Casual Gamer

Post by TURIN the Terrible Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:22 am

Ack!!! And I just uninstalled several of my faves from a SL purchase with CD thinking that was security Sad Mad . Well, either Big Fish and the other sites will do what you've suggested or you'll see both another surge in console game sales and a re-interest in freeware/shareware gaming.
    TURIN the Terrible
    TURIN the Terrible
    Casual Gamer
    Casual Gamer

Post by TURIN the Terrible Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:09 am

Big Fish replied that they have no news "on record",but they did send me a coupon for a free game ( though I'm not a member, hmmm...? ).
    MJay
    MJay
    Casual Gamer
    Casual Gamer

Post by MJay Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:57 pm

Hi Smile

J thanks for mentioning the blog. I have had a read &, although every report I found from around that time said the news of Bothell closing down hadn't been actually confirmed by the company, the servers being gone (I tried too tonight after reading your thread) does seem to suggest that it has happened Sad.

I wonder if the servers disappeared in May and it's taken us until now to notice?

Whatever happened, I hope Kat and everyone are OK.

But Turin, if you just uninstall a previously unlocked game and reinstall on the same machine, without taking it back to factory settings, would you need to be able to use the code again?

I used to know how all that worked. Have forgotten a lot of the detail now Embarassed , but I seem to vaguely remember that for a straight uninstall/reinstall the game maybe remains unlocked.

Last edited by MJay on Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a bit to Turin)
    TURIN the Terrible
    TURIN the Terrible
    Casual Gamer
    Casual Gamer

Post by TURIN the Terrible Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:46 am

MJay:Good to see from you again! Actually if you do a partial ( just using the buttons from your control panel,not deleting saved files ) or install from disc on top of previous install and then delete the files that is true. I ,however,did a clean sweep on uninstall Crying or Very sad and so needed to reestablish the game's unlock link.So much for being thorough when it was least needed Laughing .At least I've got the free game coupon from Big Fish, but don't know that I'll use it on an SL game( maybe The Island:Castaway is a better choice )
    Jeremiah
    Jeremiah
    Casual Gamer II
    Casual Gamer II

Post by Jeremiah Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:17 am

TURIN:Castaway is a good choice, but you don't have as much control ( and I know you don't like that idea ) Razz and there is not as much re-playability to it. I'd go with TW 2. Sad for me Mad I'll have to re-purchase both TW Legends games and WW 1 & 2; unless I "accidently" saved them them on my external drive.
    TURIN the Terrible
    TURIN the Terrible
    Casual Gamer
    Casual Gamer

Post by TURIN the Terrible Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:06 am

Well at least one silver lining from our abandonment by SL; this site is active again sunny ! I am seriously considering the Gamehouse Unlimited option if I can't disconnect from gaming altogether ( of course having the option to dl and play any/all game/s anytime will only mean setting the hook deeper Rolling Eyes )

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:07 pm