The Sandloter's Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is for fans of Sandlot Games and the games they made.

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» SG3 UIX Project
I'm doing it again! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 8:14 pm by Caton

» SG4 Test??
I'm doing it again! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2019 12:09 am by Caton

» decompressing the uix scripts project?
I'm doing it again! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 12:34 am by Caton

» xml editing?
I'm doing it again! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2017 12:39 am by Caton

» Super granny4 test version fix link?
I'm doing it again! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 9:09 am by Sandlotmourner

» Super Granny 7: Kitty Alliance (Unofficial)
I'm doing it again! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 6:45 pm by Caton

» Custom Levels and maps?
I'm doing it again! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 5:09 am by Caton

» Super Granny 2 Changing Level sharing Server?
I'm doing it again! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 5:27 pm by Caton

» Focus test builds
I'm doing it again! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 4:57 pm by Caton

2 posters

I'm doing it again!

Kaotika
    Kaotika
    Casual Gamer
    Casual Gamer

I'm doing it again! Empty I'm doing it again!

Post by Kaotika Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:14 pm

Soon I'll sign up for the Big Fish Game Club, for 6 months. This is enough to earn credits to rebuy all Cake Mania games again! I can't wait to play them again after so much time.

Though, I'm wondering about something. I remember that Main Street, LCA and Max had a problem on Windows Vista/7 where saved games don't work. I somehow managed to fix that problem a while back, but I don't remember how. Does anyone have a solution?
    Kaotika
    Kaotika
    Casual Gamer
    Casual Gamer

I'm doing it again! Empty Re: I'm doing it again!

Post by Kaotika Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:47 am

Does anyone know anything? While I care more for the ones that don't have the issue and are more important to me (Cake Mania, 2 and 3), I'd really like to get Main Street, LCA and Max again. But I can't afford wasting my money on something I cannot fix.

I've heard that if something like this happens, Big Fish will give you a credit for another game. Is that true?
    Kaotika
    Kaotika
    Casual Gamer
    Casual Gamer

Post by Kaotika Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:02 pm

Really sad that I haven't seen a reply yet. Where has everybody gone? Neutral

I'm now beginning a Big Fish Game Club subscription to slowly get all Cake Mania games. But anyway, it doesn't look like anybody else visits this forum anymore, so I'm leaving it.

Goodbye to anyone who might see this message.
    MJay
    MJay
    Casual Gamer
    Casual Gamer

Post by MJay Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:41 pm

Kaotika wrote:Really sad that I haven't seen a reply yet. Where has everybody gone? Neutral

I'm now beginning a Big Fish Game Club subscription to slowly get all Cake Mania games. But anyway, it doesn't look like anybody else visits this forum anymore, so I'm leaving it.

Goodbye to anyone who might see this message.

Hi Kaotika - you need to allow time for someone who may know the answer to see the question Wink.

I didn't have an answer to your first post (I have a Win7 PC now but didn't when I last played these games) and only had time for a quick peek at the site just then anyway.

Then I only saw your second post (from yesterday) just now with this one about feeling ignored already.

This forum is very quiet so we don't all check in every day. For ages I was only looking about once a month.

Anyway I can answer on the BF thing - you should (of course) play the demo first but if you find a fault after buying that didn't show up during the demo, they are usually happy to give a refund coupon. They may ask you to try things like updating drivers first but if they can't fix your problem they usually refund.

Btw, I suggest checking the BF site regularly for the sales: A couple of times there have been 'get 2 standard games for the price of 1' sales and even (but only once so far) a sale where game club credits could be bought 2 for the price of one.

Either of those sales, if repeated, would help you rebuild your collection more quickly Smile.
    Kaotika
    Kaotika
    Casual Gamer
    Casual Gamer

Post by Kaotika Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:13 am

Thank you for the response MJay. It's not just that I didn't get an answer to my questions, I didn't see any posts in the forum at all for the past two weeks, so I thought that the forum was dead already.

I tried demos of Main Street, LCA and Max just to test the save games, and none of them work correctly. I'm wondering if you could do the same thing, download demos of them and test them to see if the save games are working. I remember once solving this problem by doing some changes to another account of my computer, but I don't remember what I exactly did. Neutral Anywyay, lots of other people are reporting this problem, and it only seems to happen in Windows Vista or newer.

I'll begin a subscription to the Big Fish Game Club now (do I have to try the trial first in order to get it?), and I'll slowly get credits to get the whole collection of Cake Mania games (though Amazon seems to be the only one that sells BttB). Though I'll probably start buying games after I format my computer (hasn't been formatted for more than 1 year; it's slow and cluttered).

OK, I'll not leave the forum, but in the past two weeks, it's only you and me who have posted in here. I hope to see some more activity soon.
    MJay
    MJay
    Casual Gamer
    Casual Gamer

Post by MJay Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:12 pm

It's true that it's very quiet, but I suppose it's not as if there's a new Sandlot game to get the buzz going, like there was every so often on the old site.

I'm glad you're not giving up on this site Kaotika and that others are still checking in here too, even if not always posting. It's really good to have a way to keep in touch, even if only infrequently.

I wasn't able to download demos from BF for you because I currently have the SL versions of those games installed and unlocked (& you'll understand how keen I am to keep hold of those!).

So, if the problems were only with BF versions then this won't help you, but...

For Main Street & LCA, I had played just one day of each to make sure working OK when I first installed them (back in Oct 2011). I had saved at the end of day 1 and I just went back in to each game and was able to reload from those saves made months ago,

With to the Max, I hadn't saved previously, so I played Day 1, saved, came out, went back in and was able to reload from that save.

So all 3 are saving OK on my Win7 computer but they are SL versions.

I hope the BF versions save OK for you Smile.
    Kaotika
    Kaotika
    Casual Gamer
    Casual Gamer

Post by Kaotika Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:40 pm

How weird. I remember save games not working for me at all in my Windows Vista laptop and Windows 7 dekstop. I only managed to get them to work once, because I did something with the accounts.

Just a question. Is the account you have your games on an administrator account?
    Kaotika
    Kaotika
    Casual Gamer
    Casual Gamer

Post by Kaotika Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:37 am

I can't believe it, but I finally found the solution to my problem.

I tried the Big Fish CM:MS demo on my computer to see if that one would work; it didn't. I was about to finally start my subscription, so I was disappointed.

Then, out of the blue, I remembered something I did in the past. Since I am Greek, my username in my PC account is Greek, but instead I tried to run CM:MS in a new account with an English name. I played the first level, saved, exited the game and started it again; it worked! The game saved!

The problem seems to occur in accounts that don't have an English name; in my main account, in the save games file, the SaveSlots file wouldn't be created, but in the account with the English name, it was, and save games worked. And it seems that this only happens with MS, LCA and Max, because any other game works fine on my account.

I'm so glad I found the solution to the problem, and now I'll begin rebuying all the games!
    MJay
    MJay
    Casual Gamer
    Casual Gamer

Post by MJay Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:16 pm

I would never have guessed at that reason - that's a weird one!

Glad you got it sorted, and I see from the other thread that you got them again more quickly than you had expected too, thanks to a sale *thumbup*.

I'm just heading over to that thread to reply to your Fashion Forward question Wink.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:53 pm