The Sandloter's Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is for fans of Sandlot Games and the games they made.

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» SG3 UIX Project
Background track and language problems I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 8:14 pm by Caton

» SG4 Test??
Background track and language problems I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2019 12:09 am by Caton

» decompressing the uix scripts project?
Background track and language problems I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 12:34 am by Caton

» xml editing?
Background track and language problems I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2017 12:39 am by Caton

» Super granny4 test version fix link?
Background track and language problems I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 9:09 am by Sandlotmourner

» Super Granny 7: Kitty Alliance (Unofficial)
Background track and language problems I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 6:45 pm by Caton

» Custom Levels and maps?
Background track and language problems I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 5:09 am by Caton

» Super Granny 2 Changing Level sharing Server?
Background track and language problems I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 5:27 pm by Caton

» Focus test builds
Background track and language problems I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 4:57 pm by Caton

2 posters

Background track and language problems

TURIN the Terrible
    TURIN the Terrible
    Casual Gamer
    Casual Gamer

Background track and language problems Empty Background track and language problems

Post by TURIN the Terrible Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:05 pm

Don't know about others,but finally paid attention to the background noise in the Agoras in TW Odyssey and Alehouses in TW2 and you can plainly define they were recorded in pick-up bars/local dives.Though there is far too much innuendo in all but the TW Classic game; this was appaling. Makes me say "No wonder" about SL's East Euro ties. Embarassed Crying or Very sad
    Jeremiah
    Jeremiah
    Casual Gamer II
    Casual Gamer II

Background track and language problems Empty Re: Background track and language problems

Post by Jeremiah Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:13 pm

I don't know if it's laziness or poor contracting ( by audio design "team" ) but you're right. There is the blurb "b_ tard horror" in one of the WW games. As for the "bloc" ties; that's the way it's been in gaming since the waning of the California Cold rush days ( look at Alawar ).
    TURIN the Terrible
    TURIN the Terrible
    Casual Gamer
    Casual Gamer

Background track and language problems Empty Re: Background track and language problems

Post by TURIN the Terrible Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:58 pm

It's one of those cases where I almost wish I'd gotten the games in Mobile format. It would be easier to cover/"face" a sound app than change an whole audio file. If you can find the string in the code that seperates "themes" from dialog, you'll lose your battle and other sounds though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:41 am