The Sandloter's Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is for fans of Sandlot Games and the games they made.

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» SG3 UIX Project
Bug in Westward IV I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 8:14 pm by Caton

» SG4 Test??
Bug in Westward IV I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2019 12:09 am by Caton

» decompressing the uix scripts project?
Bug in Westward IV I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 12:34 am by Caton

» xml editing?
Bug in Westward IV I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2017 12:39 am by Caton

» Super granny4 test version fix link?
Bug in Westward IV I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 9:09 am by Sandlotmourner

» Super Granny 7: Kitty Alliance (Unofficial)
Bug in Westward IV I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 6:45 pm by Caton

» Custom Levels and maps?
Bug in Westward IV I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 5:09 am by Caton

» Super Granny 2 Changing Level sharing Server?
Bug in Westward IV I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 5:27 pm by Caton

» Focus test builds
Bug in Westward IV I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 4:57 pm by Caton

4 posters

Bug in Westward IV

Scarlet
    Scarlet

Bug in Westward IV Empty Bug in Westward IV

Post by Scarlet Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:43 am

Hi all,

Quite a while since I posted here. XD Anyway, I've been replaying Westward IV and I've run into a bug. It's not a big deal since I already completed the game once and got all the trophies but still.

When I play as Henry, after completing the Railroad Repo quest, Anne, Winton, and Sal are supposed to go off to the different towns to check up on them. However, the three just stay there and I can't even move around the main town. I didn't have this problem when I played as Anne.

I saw this bug reported on the Big Fish forums and thought it was weird since this game has been out for quite a long time now and it's never gotten fixed. Just wondering if anyone got the same bug. Razz
    Jeremiah
    Jeremiah
    Casual Gamer II
    Casual Gamer II

Bug in Westward IV Empty Re: Bug in Westward IV

Post by Jeremiah Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:45 am

Scarlet: Haven't run into it as a "bug" as such,but remember there was quite a pause and believe that once when it was posted on SL forum the solution was to do an other task. It played fine with both characters for me.
    khalleron
    khalleron
    Casual Gamer
    Casual Gamer

Post by khalleron Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:20 pm

Scarlet wrote:Hi all,

Quite a while since I posted here. XD Anyway, I've been replaying Westward IV and I've run into a bug. It's not a big deal since I already completed the game once and got all the trophies but still.

When I play as Henry, after completing the Railroad Repo quest, Anne, Winton, and Sal are supposed to go off to the different towns to check up on them. However, the three just stay there and I can't even move around the main town. I didn't have this problem when I played as Anne.

I saw this bug reported on the Big Fish forums and thought it was weird since this game has been out for quite a long time now and it's never gotten fixed. Just wondering if anyone got the same bug. Razz

I remember this bug when the game first came out, but it should have been fixed in an update.

Scarlet
    Scarlet

Post by Scarlet Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:51 am

Hi Jeremiah,

Do you know what task needed to be done to get rid of the bug? I had finished all of the other tasks so I don't think that will work but at any rate, it's ok since I had already gotten all the trophies. I was curious to see the different maps for Anne and Henry. Smile

And yeah, I thought it was weird that the bug hadn't been fixed since this game has been out for a long time now. I noticed that it was still being reported.
    Jeremiah
    Jeremiah
    Casual Gamer II
    Casual Gamer II

Post by Jeremiah Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:30 pm

Scarlet:I thought it might be the task requiring you to help/save Uncle Sal, but you say they are all done. Is this before or after the Great Train Race and is it perhaps simply the way the game ends? Can only suggest going back to most recent save and playing through to see if it re-occurs.
    Scarlet
    Scarlet

Post by Scarlet Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:27 am

It's after the Great Train Race. Henry and all the other Turner family members return to Turner railroad and supposedly, Anne, Winton, and Sal are supposed to go on the train to check up on the other towns. But they just stand there.

I did go back to an earlier save and had to redo the Great Train Race mission again which at least was easier for me to do than before since I was familiar with the layout. But I get the same bug again so I don't know what's up. It's ok since I was just playing to see the differences in landscape and all but it would have been nice not to have encountered that bug.
    Jeremiah
    Jeremiah
    Casual Gamer II
    Casual Gamer II

Post by Jeremiah Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:06 pm

Scarlet: Since it is Railroad Repo( they have regained posession of the RR ) I believe you have finished and the "going to check" may be an indeterminate end ststement. If it is the Last thing on the map then your done.
    P.S. I checked the map and Great Train Race is indeed the finish.
    Scarlet
    Scarlet

Post by Scarlet Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:55 am

Ahh I know. It's just that I remember playing as Anne, that after this quest was done, near the end, the bandits would come from different directions to attack the town and I had to have my police and so forth attack them to free Sal, etc. It's not a big deal or anything but it's weird that the bug is there that ends the game. Razz
    sanfaconbp
    sanfaconbp
    Casual Gamer
    Casual Gamer

Post by sanfaconbp Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:02 pm

I've played this game many times with both characters and had this happen to me only once. I went back to a save before the race - could have been back more than a little - anyway when I replayed it I did not assign the railroad worker and I did not buy the upgraded railroad until it told me to. I found that I was able to finish it then. Someone said they did this too and that it did not work for them, so I don't know if this is a solution or not, but it did finally work for me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:58 pm